Sunday, February 15, 2009

Easy Bird Feeders

First, I would like to thank everyone who participated in the "We Made It, Saturday Showcase!"
You guys all had great projects, I loved seeing them. If you did not get a chance to check their projects out, you need too. Thanks to everyone who is making it a success.




The girls and I made these super easy bird feeders today.

We used: Toilet paper rolls, small plastic plates, paint, brushes, hole punch, ribbon, glue and scissors.
I used hot glue, but white glue will also work.







First paint the toilet paper rolls.
Allow to dry.














Punch 3 holes at the top of the toilet paper roll in a triangle shape.
Cut 2 small half circles on the bottom, across from each other.


Glue the bottom (half circle side) to the center of the plate. Allow to dry.

Tie ribbons on the top to make a hanger.


Pour birdseed in the toilet paper roll and hang.




Here is Cheyanne's:




Here is Caity's:

And I made one too:





post signature

6 comments:

Beth (A Mom's Life) said...

What cute bird feeders! Can't wait to see all the happy birds in your yard!

melanie said...

What a fun and easy bird feeder!! Hailey would love to make that.

Peterson Party said...

Great project! I will have to do this with Arin.

cindy said...

These are adorable! These would be perfect to welcome spring!

Anonymous said...

No water/rain proof, but cute.

Anonymous said...

My son and I are so excited to make one. What a cute and wonderful idea